Private Interest Foundations in
Uses and Advantages
Uses of a PIF in Panama
With regards to uses that can be given to a PIF we can find the following:
For Tax purposes
For the protection and management of assets
For educational purposes
For life annuity purposes
For charitable purposes
To receive and manage capital and titles
For the purpose of serving as guarantee or collateral
For the management of insurance
We must comment that several or all uses mentioned above can be given to a particular PIF, there are no restrictions as to the objects or uses one PIF can be given. For example, one PIF can be created to protect assets, but also with a testamentary use or in any case, with all the above- mentioned uses. However, a PIF cannot engage in commercial or for profit activities as a day-to- day activity.
Advantages of a PIF in Panama
PIF’s may be successfully used to achieve the goals you or your clients have set out for, with the following advantages:
- They provide a fiduciary structure for the orderly transfer and disposition of assets to beneficiaries upon the death of the Founder, keeping control of the assets during lifetime;
- They may be established to have effects from the date of their constitution or after the death of the Founder;
- According to Law 25 of 1995, inheritance laws that apply in the domicile of the Founder or the Beneficiaries shall not be effective against the Foundations assets nor may these laws affect the validity or performance of the Foundations objectives;
- Foundations are established to carry the specifics goals set out in the Foundation Charter and may additionally undertake sporadic commercial activities, exercise rights pertaining to their holdings, own property, contract obligations and take part in administrative or judicial proceedings.
- A Private Interest Foundation should be established with a patrimony destined to fulfil its objectives, which shall be no less than US$10,000.00. Said patrimony may be increased by additional contributions of the Founder or third parties and does not have to pay in part or in full before the incorporation;
- The assets of the Foundation become legally independent and do not form a part of the private estate of the Founder. Such assets are not sizeable and may not be subject to any precatory action or measure, unless such action or measure pertains to obligations incurred or damages arising from the fulfilment of the Foundations objectives; Notwithstanding the creditors of the Founder or of a third party shall have the right to contest the contribution or transfer of assets to a foundation when such transfer constitutes an act in fraud of the creditors. The rights and actions of such creditors shall lapse at the expiration of three (3) years, counted from the date of the contribution or transfer of the assets to the foundation was done.
- According to article 27 of Law 25 of 1995, Private Interest Foundations are exempt from payment of any taxes, contributions, duties, liens or assessments of any kind arising from the acts of constitution, amendment or extinction of the same, as well as acts of transfer or encumbrance of the Foundations assets and the income arising thereof, when related to:
– Assets localized abroad;
– Money deposited by natural or juridical persons whose income does not derive from a Panamanian source is not taxable in Panama for any reason ;
– Shares or securities of any kind issued by corporations which income is not derived from a Panama source, or which are not taxable for any reason, even when such shares or securities are deposited in the Republic of Panama.
The transfer of unmovable property, titles and certificates of deposits, assets, funds, securities or shares carried out by reason of the fulfilment of the objectives of the foundation or the termination of the same, in favour of relatives within the first degree of consanguinity or the spouse of the Founder shall also be exempted from all taxes.
Information of Public and
The only information made public are the names of the Founder, the member (s) of the Foundation Council and the name of the Protector, this last if it is so established on the Foundation Charter, as the Protector can be appointed by means of a private and confidential document.
The Foundation Regulations are for internal purposes of the Foundation and are not a matter of public records. Information regarding names of beneficiaries and of the protector and method for distribution of assets can be contained within the Regulations thus will not be publicly disclosed.
The Law 25 of 1995 innovates in this field when it stipulates on Article 35 that all the members of the Foundation Council, Protector, public or private servants that have knowledge of the activities, affairs, transactions and operations of the PIF must maintain reserve and confidentiality at all moments. Violation of these Articles carries a sanction of 6 months of jail time and a fine of Fifty Thousand Dollars (US$50,000), without prejudice to the civil liabilities.
Besides our experience in offshore incorporation services, what separates us from our competitors is that our services don’t end with the registration of your company.
We offer you a wide range of additional services such as lifetime free support.
TBA combines professional advice, worldwide registration services, competitive fees, customized and fast order processing and lifetime support.
We do care about your business needs.
Should you have any question or matter
You would like to discuss or clarify with us
Should you like to receive further Information
About our services and fees,…
Our multi-lingual team of business advisors is happy to assist you with all upcoming questions and issues in relation to your company.
You may call or email us, and we will be happy to assist you in a fast and efficient manner.
You can also come and visit us at our Limassol offices to discuss issues face to face if you prefer. Just arrange an appointment and we will be happy to meet with you.
Our Company Services
Services we DO and Services we DO NOT DO
Our company is EXCLUSIVELY engaged in assisting worldwide clients, either individuals or corporate entities, to get duly and properly registered and licensed with local Regulators and Financial Authorities to get respective official licenses to legally carry out their cryptocurrency business activities.