Company Formation Services
No more Global Business Company 2
Now is “Authorised Company” in Mauritius
The Finance Act 2018 amended the Financial Services Act to introduce a new type of company: the “Authorised Company”, in replacement of the formerly known as “GBC2 Company”.
An Authorised Company applies where the majority of shares or voting rights or the legal or beneficial interest in a company incorporated under the Companies Act are held or controlled, as the case may be, by a person who is not a citizen of Mauritius and such company
(a) proposes to conduct or conducts business principally outside Mauritius; and
(b) has its place of effective management outside Mauritius.
A holder of an Authorised Company Licence shall –
- at all times have a registered agent in Mauritius which shall be a management company, and which shall be responsible for providing services including:a) filing of any return or document required under relevant Acts in Mauritius;
b) receiving and forwarding of any communication from and to the Commission, the Mauritius Revenue Authority or the Registrar;
c) undertaking measures on combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism and related offences as required by any enactment or guidelines issued by the Commission;
d) keeping of records, including board minutes and resolutions, transaction records and such other documents as the FSC may require; and
e) such other services as the FSC may require.
- file with the Commission, once in every year, a financial summary; and
- file with the Mauritius Revenue Authority, once in every year, the Company Tax Return (Authorised company is tax exempt in Mauritius, but annual return has to be filed with the Tax Authority).
Authorised Company Vs. Global Business License
- No new GBC 2 to be registered as from now.
- Instead of GBC 2, there is a new structure called ‘Authorised Company’
- All GBC 2 incorporated on or before 16th October 2017, will maintain their GBC 2 status & existing conditions till 30th June 2021 (after this the company will have the option to convert to the new structures but fees/process applicable for this are yet to be confirmed by the Authority).
- All GBC 2 incorporated after 16th October 2017, their license will lapse after 31st December 2018, but they have an option to convert into an Authorised Company.
Note: For applications made before for the conversion of a GBC 2 into an Authorised Company before end of 31st December 2018, there will be only a minimal fee of USD 300 (the processing and annual fees being waived for the year till 2018-2019). Any application for conversion made after 31st December 2018 will be subject to full processing and annual fees as per current legislation.
- As from 08th October 2018, the FSC will consider applications for Authorised Company.
- In another hand, if you do not want to continue with GBC2 or convert to Authorised Companies in Mauritius, we can support you domiciliation to UAE (RAK IBC), then your company still good standing and continue business even with your bank account.
at all-times it has a registered agent in Mauritius;
- it is a non-citizen, not being a banking institution, which holds the majority of its shares or voting rights or legal, beneficial interests; and
- its principal place of effective management is situated outside Mauritius.
- Authorised Companies suitable (but not limit) for:
Passive Investment Holding
One off transaction using a Special Purpose Vehicle
What separates us from our competitors is that our services don’t end with the registration of your company. We offer a wide range of additional services others can’t or just won’t offer, such as lifetime free support.
Whilst most providers either specialise on personalized consultation at relatively high rates or run bulk registration factories without any support, we want to offer the positive aspects of both types.
Therefore TBA combines professional advice, worldwide registration services, reasonable fees, customized order processing, lifetime support and fast processing. Where others see company formation services as a bulk registration with no support and no individual assistance, we do care about your business needs.
Should you have any question or matter
You would like to discuss or clarify with us
Should you like to receive further Information
About our services and fees, …
Our multi-lingual team of business advisors is happy to assist you with all upcoming questions and issues in relation to your company.
You may call or email us, and we will be happy to assist you in a fast and efficient manner.
You can also come and visit us at our Limassol offices to discuss issues face to face if you prefer. Just arrange an appointment and we will be happy to meet with you.