Cyprus Investment Company (CIF)
Cyprus – Strategic Advantages
- Strategic Location – The Island of Cyprus is situated in the cross-roads of three continents, Europe, Asia and Africa, and is therefore the ideal location to serve as a business hub.
- Favorable Taxation Regime – Currently the Corporate Tax Rate is at 12.5%, one of the lowest rates in the European Union. Moreover, taxation is based on the principle of “self-assessment” and the legal system is based on “Common Law” principles, both of which contribute towards a favorable pro-business environment. The Republic of Cyprus has more than 60 Double Tax Agreements or treaties in place with other sovereign nations, thus effectively eliminating the risk of incurring double taxation.
- Zero Capital Gains tax on the trading of securities.
- Dividend Income is Exempt from Corporate Income Tax.
- Investors who are not tax residents of the Island are exempted from taxation on deemed dividends distributions.
- Human Talent – with more than 70 world-class financial institutions already present on the island, there is no shortage of high-caliber candidates for any corporate position. Cypriots are highly educated and many of them hold university and postgraduate degrees, moreover, they are bilingual, as the English language is well established and widely spoken.
- Financial Infrastructure – many renowned banks as well as liquidity and technology providers are active in Cyprus, providing direct access to the entire required infrastructure for establishing a brokerage enterprise.
The provision of investment services in Cyprus is governed by the Investment Services and Activities and Regulated Markets Law 144(I)/2007 (the “Law”), which implements the relevant EU Directive on the field of Investment Services.
By virtue of the Law, a company seeking to operate as a Cyprus Investment Firm (CIF) must obtain authorization and license by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySec), which is designated as the supervising and regulatory authority for the surveillance and application of the law provisions.
If you plan to offer any of the following services, and wish to solicit clients residing in the European Union:
– Brokerage Services.
– Forex Trading.
– Investment Advice.
– Portfolio Management.
Then you should consider establishing a Cyprus Investment Firm (CIF), for Cyprus is the ideal jurisdiction for providing Financial Services to customers residing in EU countries.
The reason for this is twofold:
– A CIF offers a “Single Passport” to providing Investment Services across the EU; by establishing a CIF you are able to solicit clients throughout Europe.
– A CIF offers favorable tax treatment due to the fact that Cyprus has one of the lowest corporate taxation regimes in the EU and has particularly favorable tax provisions pertaining to financial services.
What separates us from our competitors is that our services don’t end with the registration of your company. We offer a wide range of additional services others can’t or just won’t offer, such as lifetime free support.
Whilst most providers either specialise on personalized consultation at relatively high rates or run bulk registration factories without any support, we want to offer the positive aspects of both types.
Therefore TBA combines professional advice, worldwide registration services, reasonable fees, customized order processing, lifetime support and fast processing. Where others see company formation services as a bulk registration with no support and no individual assistance, we do care about your business needs.
Should you have any question or matter
You would like to discuss or clarify with us
Should you like to receive further Information
About our services and fees, …
Our multi-lingual team of business advisors is happy to assist you with all upcoming questions and issues in relation to your company.
You may call or email us, and we will be happy to assist you in a fast and efficient manner.
You can also come and visit us at our Limassol offices to discuss issues face to face if you prefer. Just arrange an appointment and we will be happy to meet with you.